Candied Bacon S’mores Dip
- 60 Minutes
- 10 Ingredients
- 8 Servings
Ingredients & Equipment
- 1 package of thick cut bacon
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers, plus whole graham crackers for dipping
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 chocolate bars, chopped (we mixed milk and dark)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For candied bacon: mix the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, cayenne, and Dijon in a small bowl.
- Place a cooling rack over top of a baking sheet and lay out bacon on top of the rack. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the bacon out and flip it over, return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and brush with a coating of your syrup mixture, return to oven and cook 5 minutes. Repeat this four times – flipping the bacon each time you take it out of the oven. Once the bacon is crispy, you can remove it from the oven.
- Transfer the bacon to a parchment lined baking sheet until cooled. You’ll want to keep flipping the bacon until the sugar dries so that it doesn’t stick to your parchment, this usually take a minute or so.
- Now for the s’mores dip: place the 24cm gratin on the stove with butter and crushed graham crackers. Heat just until the butter is melted. Stir is coat all the crumbs and then spread the crumbs out evenly to form a crust.
- Turn off the heat and add your chopped chocolate to the top of your graham crust. Top with marshmallows.
- Place the pan in the oven, at 350 degrees, until the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows are browned.
- Remove from over and serve warm. If desired, you can use a kitchen torch to add more color to the marshmallows.
Your favorite bourbon cocktail